clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default The Maytag Man came by today

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:17:39 -0800, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:05:13 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:

He replaced the motor in our 4-month old dishwasher because
it became noisy at a young age. Anybody want to guess where
the motor was made?
Brian, in Cedar

I bought my house pre-furnished with all Maytag appliances, 1 year old
when I bought it.

Over a 3 year period:

Built-in range-hood microwave oven - plastic handle broke - I made a
wooden replacement rather than pay the $27 + shipping for this 1.5" x
8" piece of plastic.

Range - microprocessor control module failed - twice.
- 4 elements replaced
- oven element replaced

Dishwasher - replaced pump
- replaced heater element

Clothes washer - pump replaced
- replaced water-level switch

Clothes dryer - control timer never worked on one of it's
modes, still doesn't because I don't use
that mode anyway
- intermittently the dryer motor will run for
hours with the heat off after drying

Side by side refrigerator/freezer

- Icemaker failed
- Water cooling tank failed at a seam
- Cannot get refrigerator compartment below
freezing at the top -and- bottom no matter
the settings

Toaster oven - Just plain stopped working - something in the
temperature/timing mechanism I think

Every single Maytag appliance I own has failed at least once in 3
years.

Mike Patterson

What a sad statement about the US, a country that used to lead the world in
technology and high quality products. How far must we fall before the
light comes back on that we really shouldn't be shipping everything that
made us what we used to be to foreign countries? Imagine us relying on
other countries to fight a war. A war with the countries we so rely upon
today. Who the hell is steering this ship?

Harold

Nobody's steering the ship because they split up the rudder for
firewood a LONG time ago.
If we (the US and allies) went to war against the Chinese tomorrow, it
would all be over before Christmas - and even your president would be
under no delusions that we had won.
Their crap usually only works once - but in the kind of war they would
wage, that's all it would take. Make the Japanese Kamikaze look like
boyscouts.