Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Lutron Dimmers Arcing

"Jeff Givens" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:23:35 GMT "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

It sounds to me like you are pushing the limit and maybe over the
limit
(what exactly do you mean "center heatsink tabs broken off?" With two of
them in the same box running close to their max, I suggest they are
getting
too hot.

When doubling up, according to Lutron, you break of the center heat sinks.
This derates the 1000W unit to 800 each. I am well w/in their own
specifications.

I'm not clear on why they'd want the heat sinks removed. If there are two
controls in the same box, there's more heat being generated. It seems
intuitive that you'd want MORE heat sink area, not less. Physically, was
there enough space to leave all the heat sinks intact?