Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default question for raden or andy

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:46:23 +0000, raden wrote:

In message , Gav writes
what is the best flue gas anyliser in your opinions/experience, make
and model?

Sorry, no idea

Ed might be the best one to answer this

Mine's a Kane 400.
It cost £400 to buy.
It costs £200 every other year to keep running, apart from the fact that I
ought to have the machine calibrated from time to time the O2 cell lasts
about two years. So as soon as it fails to initialize I send it to Kane.

I rarely use the digital manometer.
I never use the temp probes
I use the CO2 + CO/CO2 readings all the while.
I don't have or need the printer
It does not do NOx or smoke, which I understand is important for oil
burners.

It may well be that a Kane 250 which only has the gas analyser (and maybe
the temp - I haven't taken note of the spec) would work for me just
aswell.