Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steve

Default OT sudden back pain

Grant Erwin wrote:

Welcome to middle age, pal. This is a back spasm, well known to all blue collar
workers. I suggest you follow a routine of taking anti-inflammatory medication
(I take aspirin, lots of people take ibuprofen), heat & ice

I never understood this, isn't the inflammation the immune system
kicking in to fix the damage area (by increasing the bloodflow among
other things) ? Why would you want to stop that? I suppose in severe
cases the body can get confused and inflammation can turn into a bad
thing, but for plain jane problems like this its seems a good thing,
doesn't it? I don't know, but I would think if it was a bad thing your
body wouldn't go to all this trouble to begin with...

, rest, and light
duty for about two weeks.

This makes more sense.