MKloepster

Default The Maytag Man came by today

What a sad statement about the US, a country that used to lead the world in
technology and high quality products. How far must we fall before the
light comes back on that we really shouldn't be shipping everything that
made us what we used to be to foreign countries? Imagine us relying on
other countries to fight a war. A war with the countries we so rely upon
today. Who the hell is steering this ship?

Harold

Cheap *******s who won't pay the higher cost of skilled American labor are the
ones steering this particular ship; you can see them every day at Walmart,
the free traders in power (Bush I & II, and Clinton). We're "saving" ourselves
right into a second class country. People ought to know that "made in China"
generally means two things:
1. The item is a cheap, piece of **** knock-off.
2. Profits (which are huge) go right to the People's "Liberation" Army.

Incidentally, #2 is why China will soon be the only world superpower; we may
spend more in absolute dollars, but they get 10 times the value for every
dollar they spend. With our purchasing habits, their absolute spending will
probably overtake us eventually--and then we will all be living in a *VERY*
different world. done ranting