Mike Patterson

Default The Maytag Man came by today

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:05:13 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:

He replaced the motor in our 4-month old dishwasher because
it became noisy at a young age. Anybody want to guess where
the motor was made?
Brian, in Cedar

I bought my house pre-furnished with all Maytag appliances, 1 year old
when I bought it.

Over a 3 year period:

Built-in range-hood microwave oven - plastic handle broke - I made a
wooden replacement rather than pay the $27 + shipping for this 1.5" x
8" piece of plastic.

Range - microprocessor control module failed - twice.
- 4 elements replaced
- oven element replaced

Dishwasher - replaced pump
- replaced heater element

Clothes washer - pump replaced
- replaced water-level switch

Clothes dryer - control timer never worked on one of it's
modes, still doesn't because I don't use
that mode anyway
- intermittently the dryer motor will run for
hours with the heat off after drying

Side by side refrigerator/freezer

- Icemaker failed
- Water cooling tank failed at a seam
- Cannot get refrigerator compartment below
freezing at the top -and- bottom no matter
the settings

Toaster oven - Just plain stopped working - something in the
temperature/timing mechanism I think

Every single Maytag appliance I own has failed at least once in 3
years.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?",
the question is "who has them now?"

http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/...ny/default.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp