Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Lutron Dimmers Arcing

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
"Jeff Givens" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:23:35 GMT "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

It sounds to me like you are pushing the limit and maybe over the
limit
(what exactly do you mean "center heatsink tabs broken off?" With two of
them in the same box running close to their max, I suggest they are
getting
too hot.

When doubling up, according to Lutron, you break of the center heat sinks.
This derates the 1000W unit to 800 each. I am well w/in their own
specifications.

From my experience with various brands, I always go at unit with at
least 100% over expected load capacity any brand. They all seem to have
trouble when they approach their rated limit.

These are in a basement exterior wall, so yes an outside wall but almost
at
a constant temperature.
JG... Jeff Givens

"My hovercraft is full of eels."