Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Lutron Dimmers Arcing

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
"Jeff Givens" wrote in message
I've been having problems with these dimmers. They have the rocker preset
underneath the slider.

Two of them in a double-gang, center heatsink tabs broken off, 1000W
rating, 800 as installed. Each dimmer has 600-650W of incandescent
lighting
on it.

It sounds to me like you are pushing the limit and maybe over the limit
(what exactly do you mean "center heatsink tabs broken off?" With two of
them in the same box running close to their max, I suggest they are
getting too hot.

Another vote for that idea. And, are these in a damp environment, or even an
outside wall with wide temperature swings?