Roy

Default The Maytag Man came by today

I also had prblems early on with a MAytag, and reverted back to the
old 25+ year old Kitchenaid I removed when I bought the new Maytag.
Finally got my money back and refused another Maytag. Took a bit of
hassleing etc, but I eventually did it. I then bought the wife a new
Kitchen Aide abaout 4 years ago and have yet to have a problem.
Kitchen Aides used to be top notch units, but IIRC they are part of
Whirlpool or maybe even Maytag now, and its still not like the old
machines were made in my opinion. It took two of us to carry out the
old Kitchen Aide, but I carried in the new one by myself without any
problems.

My guess is China or Taiwan for where the motor was made. It could not
have bneen made in the USA as everyone knows the USA does not make
anything anymore. ;-) If it was made in Europe it would be cost
prohibitive to buy..........has to be china or somewhere in the
orient, with Mexico, or some other south american country as a second
guess.

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:05:13 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:

===He replaced the motor in our 4-month old dishwasher because
===it became noisy at a young age. Anybody want to guess where
===the motor was made?
=== Brian, in Cedar
===

I had no input whatsoever.