Posted to rec.woodworking
LDR

Default Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - Excellent

In article ,
says...

"antoine" wrote in message

What did LeeValley do in response to the negative feedback from the
owners of the MK.I jig when they complained about the jig? Well, they
built a better jig and if I want to invest a 2nd time in a sharpening
jig I can have the new and improved version, the version that actually
works. They left their MK.I customers in the lurch. Sorry, no MK.II
for me.

Did you contact LV to ask if they had a trade-in policy for owners of the
original guide?

If I may butt in, I did, and the response was, "Well, you'll have an
extra one for your toolbox." This, with a smile, at the ww show when I
bought the new one.

I don't have the most gifted pair of hands, so it's hard for me to come
down with both feet on this issue. Still, I'm really puzzled why many
others don't have the problem of narrow chisels wandering.

I like the improvements made but they are trivial--imho--to making the
chisel behave while being sharpened. Why did I go for the second one?
Because of my good opinion of Lee Valley, which, in this case I'm truly
sorry to say, was misplaced.