Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Payne

Default Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - Excellent

On 26/04/2006 1:01 PM, MikeW wrote:

often take a small collection of honing guides to these classes, most
vintage, some other currently available guides, including the former
LV honing guide and the Millers Falls on which I think it was based.

The one I have is not "former", although it's old. It's the same as the
current one, with the exception that the angle jig with mine only has 4
angles (2 on one side, 2 on the other), as opposed to the 5 on the
current one. I have no problem using mine (and it has the
secondary-bevel capability, which is what I think you meant by "cambered
lower roller"). I've never experienced "twisting" while using it (well,
I twisted my ankle once, but that's another story :-)