Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eric The Viking

Default Self Adhesive Mini Trunking

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message
news

"-GB-Carpy" wrote in message
. uk...
Is the self adhesive mini trunking available from Screwfix (16x16 in

3m
lengths) OK?

It's just for running a few coaxial cables in but might be fixed to
plastered walls.

Does it stick ok, or is there another better type available.

I need about 100m I think.

Many thanks

I've found the self adhesive stuff fairly hopeless for permanent
fixing to plastered / painted walls but ok on laminates. However
having the sticky on the back makes installation earier as it stays
there long enough to get screws through it.

AWEM

Couldn't agree more.

I used the self adhesive screwfix trunking a while ago to put in a Cat5
network - luckily in my own premises.

Two days later most of it was hanging by the cables it was supposed to
contain - adhesive had totally failed.

So definately use the self adhesion to hold it in place while you screw it
to the wall.

By contrast a few years ago we used self adhesive trunking from RS
Components on the same walls and you can't remove it without taking the
plaster off ;-)

--
ETV