Posted to rec.woodworking
antoine

Default Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - Excellent

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:02:00 GMT, lid (MikeW) wrote:

Another interesting side note - last time I contacted Lee Valley

with a question on this MK.II honing guide, I was wondering whether
this could be used for skew chisels. Answer: not easily. A couple
months later,
I get a catalog with a brand new product - a skew chisel

registration
jig for the MK.II! That's a great company - not only does customer
service communicate with other departments, but they actually do
something in response to customer feedback!
Keep it up, Robin!

What did LeeValley do in response to the negative feedback from the
owners of the MK.I jig when they complained about the jig? Well, they
built a better jig and if I want to invest a 2nd time in a sharpening
jig I can have the new and improved version, the version that actually
works. They left their MK.I customers in the lurch. Sorry, no MK.II
for me.

antoine