Posted to rec.woodworking
Wilson

Default weight of plywood

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:38:02 +0000, Evon Barvinchack wrote:

Thanks for your replies. I want to plug in the wt of a worker, tools,
material and the wt of plywood box. I wanted to make sure that the total
weight did'nt exceed it's safe lift capacity. As the plywood dries it will
become lighter. Just trying to out smart "Murphy's Law"!

Workers should not be elevated on the forks of a forklift. A forklift
doesn't have a holding (lock) valve in the lift system and is not designed
for a person to be on or under forks if elevated. If some one gets hurt
you will be open to some major legal problems if in the U.S.. You can rent
"manlifts" and "safety harness plus lanyard" for hoisting personal.

Check with a local forklift dealer or a rental outfit that supplies
construction equipment for more info. It's worth having the right tool for
the job in the first place.