Posted to rec.woodworking
Evon Barvinchack

Default glue squeeze out

To minimize squeeze out I "paint" the glue on both side of the joint. I
get very little squeeze out.

"mike hide" wrote in message
news

"mark" wrote in message
How do you deal with glue squeeze out. If i wipe with a damp sponge I

find
that area does not take stain as dark as the rest of the wood. I am

making
raised panel doors and if I let the glue dry around the cope joints it

is
impossible to remove. Should I stain before glue up?

I have made many doors /panels and just clean up with a damp rag and

make
sure all xcess glue is removed .After it is perfectly dry I final sand

and
stain the doors .Never had a problem with this procedure .Glue , I use
tightbond

----