Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim

Default Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - Excellent

LDR wrote:

I think Lee Valley is a great company, too, but I'm not so enthusiastic
about its riteration of the honing jig. Like the first one, narrow
chisels do not stay put. Maybe it's just me, but I doubt it, although I
would feel better if I had a chorus. Do I?

Robin's company makes a fine honing guide. They use a toggle clamp
blade securing setup as on our "Sharpening Sled" honing guide. We also
had customers bring up the issue of small chisels moving while honing.
We added an abrasive surface to the blade contact area of our guide and
have not had one issue since.
Robin, I think the same solution for your guide would achieve the same
results?
Tim Queeno
alisam.com
"A-LEE-SAM"