Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Default Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - Excellent

Chris Friesen wrote:
AAvK wrote:

That sounds really good. I have tardive disconesia in my forearms and
hands
so anythiing that makes it easier to sharpen is a great help, I'll buy
it, later though.
Thinking about an electric Makita copy too (flat wheel with water).

I would point out that you still have to exert downwards pressure with
this jig. If that's an issue, then one of the powered wheels is likely
a better option.

I agree. I don't really notice that I'm using much pressure except
when putting on a new bevel or hogging out a chip, but a powered wheel
would pretty much eliminate it. AAvK - if you are looking at powered
wheels, don't overlook the Veritas offering. I believe it was recently
highest rated in Fine WWing.

JP