Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim

Default Darn crack!

"stoutman" wrote...

It is only a hair line crack. I took a
little glue and fine cherry saw dust and made a paste and worked it into

the
crack

....about the best you can do with something like that.

My question is this: Do I have to worry about this sucker opening up over
time?

Yes. Best bet, leave it alone, let it shrink to where it will, fill the
fissure someday with colored wax or colored shellac. Shellac's a little
more elegant, wax is easier.

My second question is: Does this kind of crap always happen with a

project?
It seems that there is always something that goes wrong that appears to be
out of my control.

You obviously failed to pray to Ganesh, the god of luck and wisdom, before
starting the project. You might also want to make an offering to the Tiki
gods to help defend against checking sprites in the future.

Hope this helps!

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm