Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Default Veritas MK.II Honing Guide - Excellent

AAvK wrote:
It's been said before, and I would have followed up on those threads,
but google tells me I can't, so I figured I'd start another. A couple
plane blades, a full set of my best chisels and a couple of
construction chisels are now perfectly beveled and microbeveled. It's
so easy, so precise, and so quick to use. They've fixed the flaws with
the original and then some. I couldn't be happier.

JP

That sounds really good. I have tardive disconesia in my forearms and hands
so anythiing that makes it easier to sharpen is a great help, I'll buy it, later though.
Thinking about an electric Makita copy too (flat wheel with water).

Once it's set up (it takes ~30 seconds the second time you do it) you
just roll it back and forth across the abrasive. And the roller unit
is big and stable. With your bad hands I'd strongly encourage you to
invest in one.

JP