Glenn Ashmore

Default Odors from Running a Mini Lathe

That was the way I got my shop! I was bitten by the live steam bug and
talked my wife into a Unimat. Before I ordered it I figured I better
CMA and warn her about the smell and the chips and mentioned that an
alternative would be to turn the old garage into a shop and find a good
used Southbend 10K. The rest is history. :-)

If you work it right getting SHMBO's permission to buy a $600 mini-lathe
can result in $30K in machines and tooling. :-)

Dave Ficken wrote:
(Finite Guy) wrote in message ...

does the use of these lathes cause
various odors (burning or oil like smell) that will permiate my house.

Don't overlook the likelyhood that chips and shavings will eventually
find their way into the house. My basement shop days ended due to
this. I was careful enough to change shoes before coming back
upstairs, but chips still found their way into the house.

Dave

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: