Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default glue squeeze out

"mark" wrote in message
How do you deal with glue squeeze out. If i wipe with a damp sponge I find
that area does not take stain as dark as the rest of the wood. I am making
raised panel doors and if I let the glue dry around the cope joints it is
impossible to remove. Should I stain before glue up?

Yes. Pre-finish the panels. I agree with M.Paul as far as the tape goes.
Its a pain but in areas that are hard to reach to scrape or pare the glue
away, it works great.
I try to avoid using a wet rag/towel but sometimes its unavoidable. Most of
the time, I just wait until the glue sets up then pare it away with a sharp
chisel or just use a scraper.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com