Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default glue squeeze out

"mark" wrote in message
How do you deal with glue squeeze out. If i wipe with a damp sponge I find
that area does not take stain as dark as the rest of the wood. I am making
raised panel doors and if I let the glue dry around the cope joints it is
impossible to remove. Should I stain before glue up?

I pre stain the raised panels and inner edges of the rails and stiles near
the panel. Use an almost dripping wet paper towel to wipe the squeeze out
and wipe several times while turning the towel each time to avoid rewiping
the glue back on the piece. I have good results, even with red oak.