Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Gas grill question

"Hogwild" wrote in message
. ..
I'd also like to hear an "experts" opinion on steel heat
dissipators versus lava rock.

I suspect it will make little difference in taste with only real
charcoal having the unequalled taste advantage.

Perhaps the drippings burn differently (at a different rate) on a
steel dissipator compared to lava rock, imparting a different
flavour.

They work as well or better since the plates can heat up faster. Yes, the
drippings give off some smoke and impart some flavor.

(Personally I buy a $200.00 barbecue every 4 years or so and use it
2-3 times a week all year. It would take 24 years for a $1200.00
barbeque to equal that payback)

Suite yourself. It is not cost payback, but convenience, features, quality
of the cooking that counts for many of us so we are willing to pay more to
get more. Just eliminating all the flareups is worth something. No
different than driving a low end Escort or a Caddy to work. They both will
get you to work. It's all about choice.