Grant Erwin

Default Odors from Running a Mini Lathe

won't hardly stink at all if you don't use cutting oil

Finite Guy wrote:

Hi all: As I have mentioned here before, I am looking to buy a mini
lathe. I am thinking of putting it in my basement. This may seem
like a silly question/topic but does the use of these lathes cause
various odors (burning or oil like smell) that will permiate my house.

My wife and daughter (and pet bird) may not like unusual odors to
linger. Actually, the pet bird could die from certain vapors.
I could put the lathe in my unheated garage, but I'd rather not.
Robert