Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gary H. Lucas

Default Electro engraver?

"Gunner" wrote in message
Anyone got one of those old electro engravers that use a transformer
box, a metal sheet or alligator clip and a pen like device to use a
small arc to etch tooling and stuff?

Gunner, I had one, but don't recall where it wound up. It came from
McMaster Carr when my brother's father in law had a surplus business with
McMaster stuff. However years ago my dad bought a couple of ARO air etchers
at an auction. The carbide tip vibrates up and down, just like the electric
ones do. But these things WORK really well! We marked all the tools at
Lucas Electric with them. That was a really big job, we loved tools, and we
had lots and lots of them!

Gary H. Lucas