Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y
Dr Zoidberg

Default Greatest markup ever?

Christian McArdle wrote:
It does annoy me to be charged more for coke than beer though.
Perhaps if pubs sold some soft drinks at more reasonable prices they
would get more people acting as designated drivers.

The idea that you have the right to go around killing people on a
drink driving bender because Coke costs 2 quid a pop is ridiculous.

Feel free to point out when I claimed that?

I regularly drive to the pub and drink soft drinks , but I frequently hear
other people in the pub making comments about how they aren't going to pay
more for orange juice than lager and am sure that if soft drinks were a
cheaper alternative many of them would be under the limit instead of over
it. That doesn't mean I approve , but it certainly happens.

And before anyone asks , yes I have reported people to the police when I
know they are ****ed and planning to drive home (and I know what car they
are driving)

--
Alex

Piece by piece the penguins have taken my sanity
www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk