Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.electronics.components,uk.d-i-y
Dr Zoidberg

Default Greatest markup ever?

dennis@home wrote:
"Christian McArdle" wrote in
message ...
But pubs do make a much larger margin on soft drinks than
they do on alcoholic drinks.

I think it is justifiable, though. You can't drink many pints of
Coke in the
same way you can with beer. I bet that statistically, a soft drinker
will spend a lot longer in the pub for one drink that the average
beer drinker.

Rubbish.
I can drink pint for pint Pepsi Max with a beer drinker.

Same here.
I find myself going to the loo just as often as well.

It does annoy me to be charged more for coke than beer though. Perhaps if
pubs sold some soft drinks at more reasonable prices they would get more
people acting as designated drivers.
--
Alex

Piece by piece the penguins have taken my sanity
www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk