Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default PING Fred Holder thanks for comments

"George" George@least wrote:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
"George" George@least wrote:

"Fred Holder" wrote in message

I don't do any in depth scientific analysis of things.

Then why should it trouble you that others do? You could, and
possibly even should learn something. Which, is one reason why the
information is presented in analysis and rebuttal. The other being
to warn others against believing a magic feather will save them when
jumping from the tower when they could save themselves by using
their ears and minds.

Clue: sometimes it's the singer, not the song.

With Fred, absolutely. He's made the statement directly. It's the
messenger, not the message. Halo effect is the limit of his
"research." Someone has accidental success with something - but a
reputation - then as the original "spielendoktor" has it, it becomes
truth by repetition. The hobby is full of turning legends originated
by turning legends that are plain false. One immediately to mind is
that wax will "harden" soft wood for sanding. I suppose, had the
first little pig used some wax to bond that straw house, the wolf
would be a vegetarian today.

Personally, I don't think Michael Jordan, fine player he was, knows
much about jockey shorts that we haven't discovered on our own.

Not Quite what I had in mind. G Up front, I'll say that I enjoy your
posts and I usually learn something from each of them. However, you are
sometimes so abrupt and concise, it may seem to be rudeness. Now, before
we get into a ****ing contest, I have had the same said about me - in
verbal communication. I'm also known to be Brutaly Honest. "Honey, how do
I look?" "Like Tootsie on a bad hair day." WHAP!

The singer, not the song. "Tootsie on a bad hair day." said with a jokey
smile might just make it.