Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

Default Magnetic Granite??!!

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:17:56 GMT, "Shopdog" wrote:

Did you hear about the boy who died as a result of those type of magnets?

Seems they make toys that use the rare earth mags for attaching body parts
to one another, the child swallowed one that had fallen out. Several hours
later he found and swollwed another one. THe first one was on its way to
safely pass through the childs system but when the other one was swallowed
they did what they do best and the result was extreme pain after a day or so
and then I beleive he died after. The docs said that the mags connected thus
casuing his colon to become attached to his stomach, closing off his entire
system.

I use the hard drive mags around the shop all the time, two to hold my drill
press vise to the base when not in use.

Searcher

When the cheap plastic ring holding casters to the bottom of my shop
vac. disintegrated, I made a wood base with a pair of these attached.
Works like a charm.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada