Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Magnetic Granite??!!

On a whim, I tried to cut a sample tile of Granite with an old plasma source.
Thought - nothing lost - this is just about junk. The plasma dug deep - almost
1/4" and started to move down the drawn line when it stopped. The melted granite
was a spear of glass.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

Wouldna bleeved had I not seed it.

Friend brought over a magnet from a hard drive (really nice strong magnet),
and BAM, stuck right to the granite base of my height gauge!
Well, actually, it's just the granite base, cuz there is no height
gauge--supplier's scrap heap, donchaknow....
And stuck perty good! wow....

Thus, boyzngerlz, thar must be iron in them thar granite hills!!
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll