Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy

Default Magnetic Granite??!!

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Awl--

Wouldna bleeved had I not seed it.

Friend brought over a magnet from a hard drive (really nice strong magnet),
and BAM, stuck right to the granite base of my height gauge!
Well, actually, it's just the granite base, cuz there is no height
gauge--supplier's scrap heap, donchaknow....
And stuck perty good! wow....

Thus, boyzngerlz, thar must be iron in them thar granite hills!!
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Those hard drive magnets are very useful. I used four of them to attach
my static phase convertor to my power hacksaw. The convertor probably
weighs 25 lbs, but four magnets hold it quite adequately. It avoided the
nightmare of trying to drill and tap holes in the machine.

Chris