Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas grill question

My gas grill is over 20 years old, I have rebuilrt it several times.
replaced burners, hoses, regulator, dissembled completely and ran
alunimum castings thru self clean cycle of gas stove, it came out like
new. I have kept it for sentimental reasons, it is one of the few
things of my moms, she died almost 9 years ago, plus it appears to do a
better job than current grills. mine uses lava rocks.

Now a friend bought a brand new grill and reported their old lava rock
one worked better, appeared hotter.

anyone know why the newer grill dont appear to work as good?

my friend is thinkingf of returning their new grill and fixing the old
one

my wife is pushing for a new grill and i dont want to buy a poor one

anyone have any knowledge about this? anyone still make a older style
lava rock grill?