Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gav

Default plumbing argument needs settled

ron wrote:
Hi I live in Scotland and was told that using a storage tank in the loft to
feed the cold taps in the bathroom and the hot water tank in a cupboard in
the bedroom was now illegal and that all cold taps now have to be from the
mains. Also that my power shower which is connected to a T-piece from the
feed from the tank supplying the cold taps was illegal. The hot water feed
is te'ed (spelling punctuation???) from the vent pipe that goes from the hot
tank to the attic. Also illegal?

It was done as per the instructions supplied with the shower but I am being
told these instructions are OK for England but not Scotland.

My hot water is heated by gas hence the power shower.

My house was built in 1991 and I have been told that the "regulations" would
not allow that plumbing system system nowadays. Am I being told a load of
rubbish or is my plumbing system now illegal?

Thanks Ron

if the regulations have changed it just means your wont be to current
standards. as for the tank in the loft for cold water i would prefer
mains feed cold myself. dead animals always seem to find thier way in to
the tanks!