Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Propane Stove: Pilot Light Won't Stay Light Testing Thermopile

John F. wrote:
The pilot light on my propane cast iron stove won't stay light.It is
an Empire Comfort/American Hearth product. I found a
Troubleshootingt mfg. guide on line and it advises to test thermopile
MVolt and gas valve MV readings. MY question is: what kind of
electrical tester do I need to measure up to 325 millivolts or more.
Is there an inexpensive and easy to use model? Thanks. John

Usually they are so cheap, they are just replaced not tested.

Today most digital multi-meters will do the job.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit