Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Help with PVC union...

ctd4x4 wrote:

I have a hose bib outside that comes up and out of the concrete
walkway. The 1/2" PVC pipe comes about 3/4" of an inch out of the
concrete before it meets with a coupling, then about a foot of 1/2"
pipe, and then the hose bib itself.

I've got a small leak between the upper part of the coupling and the
foot of pipe.

I've tried shutting the water off, drying it, purple priming it, and
then saturating it with Christy's Red Hot Blue glue. Leave the water
off all night, turn it on in the morning, and it still leaks!

Short of digging up the concrete, is there any better glue or way to
handle this little leak? Someone mentioned a fiberglass repair kit
would be a good idea.

Please help!

Hi,
Sooner or later you are going to dig up the concrete but I'd try one
thing. Cut the PVC pipe flush with concrete surface and tap in a male
brass fitting with plenty of teflon tape or epoxy. If it holds, you can
attach bib or whatever.