Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Jumping a single porchlight switch from a 2 way hall switch

On 21 Apr 2006 18:44:49 -0700, "whosthat"
wrote:

" I think you may be in over your
head" = I'm too busy... so don't bother.

There is a real issue here that you don't seem to notice. Moral law
says that people have a responsibility not to help someone else get in
over his head, where that can be dangerous to him or others. Others,
especially. US Law is the same, except that I don't think anyone
fears getting sued here. I think the relationship would have to be
closer between you and someone here, and you would have to have more
reason to rely on someone, for there to be any possible suit.
But the principle of US law and some of the details are the same as
moral law.

I have had basic
electronics, and have been helping wire for years. I can totaly
understand directions.

They don't want to give directions to someone who can understand
directions. Maybe if they could check every half hour or at least
verify at the end of the day what you've done, that would be ok.

But since no one here can do that, they want someone who really
understands the whole situation. Who, when he confronts something
that he didn't mention, perhaps hadn't noticed yet, will know what to
do because he understands it, and won't think he can do something he
can't safely do.

Maybe you are much further along than that, but people here aren't
sure. (The mere fact that you use the words positive and negative is
unnerving.)

I haven't had to jump a wire yet.

I only use the phrase "jump a wire" for something temporary. I don't
see any problem with jumping a wire, as long as it is for a short
time.

I will find
out how. If you want to watch the game, rather than help..just say so.

I'm pretty sure he'd be lying if he said he wasn't answering because
he wants to watch the game. You wouldn't want him to lie about this,
would you? RBM agrees with Jeff. I'm pretty much there myself.

Don't insult my intelligence with the "over your head" cop out. You
don't know how much I go in my head, brother.

Exactly, we don't know.

Love in christ