Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Bonomi

Default Shop Dogs and Cats - Bah! Shop Doves?

In article ,
charlie b wrote:
One of the nice things about lathe work is that it's relatively quiet.
that means youcan hear what's going on outside as well as else-
where in the shop.

This morning I kept hearing a sound I couldn't identify.
Eventualy my curiousity got the better of me and I went in
search of the source of the sound.

Took a while to find the dove sitting in the rafters- watching -
and cooing. Didn't seem to mind sharing the shop with me.
Very pleasant having a dove cooing while you're turning. An
hour later another dove flew in to join the adventurous one.
There are advantages to leaving the two car garage door open.

So mornings may be spent with doves. In the afternoon I have
two or three humming birds stop in for a visit. One of them is
a brave little SOB, practically sits on my shoulder to watch
what I'm doing.

A shop dog or cat is ok, but shop doves and humming birds . . .

All I can think of is:

" .....
My oh my, I'm glad that _cows_ don't fly!"