Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver

Default Wire nuts

David Hansen wrote:
On 21 Apr 2006 05:54:41 -0700 someone who may be "gordonpuk"
wrote this:-

I often see on American programs like this old house, wiring
connections
using 'wire nuts' ( the twist on type not crimp, which I've seen used
in appliances like vacuum cleaner's) they seem useful and easy to use
but have not seen them here are they legal in this country?

Not any more, thank goodness. You may encounter them in conduit
wiring done up to the 1960s. Best removed if encountered.

I found some in my parent's loft (wired when the house was built in
1966). I replaced immediately with a 30A circular junction box.

--
Mark