Posted to alt.home.repair
whosthat

Default Jumping a single porchlight switch from a 2 way hall switch

you got it wrong... the extra white wire is going to the hole behind
the white ( neg or return wire ) on the single switch. I was refering
to the white as neg, only because I was replying to someone who said to
do that. the white returns the power to the source... unless it is
used in a 2 or 3 way as a hot wire, in that case, it is to be wrapped
with a tab of black electrical tape to designate (or mark) it as such.
Can we get past the simple stuff, and give up an answer , as to how
this needs to be wired?