Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Jumping a single porchlight switch from a 2 way hall switch

whosthat wrote:

Let me clarify, I have a 2 way switch in the front, in a double box,
with an empty space for another switch. Same in the back. I do not
want to control the porch lights from both ends.... I want to control
the hall from both ends, whitch it does now.. and control the porch
lights from the located end..front and back.

OK, so new we understand that there are TWO porch lights, one located
somewhat near each of the two switch boxes.

It the hall lights were wired in a conventional fashion then I'm gonna
say that you probably can get the porch light adjacent to the box into
which the power feed comes working as you want.

But, because there's no need for there to be a continuously hot feed in
the second box, chances are slim to none that you can do whatyou want at
that box without running a new hot feed into it. (And Slim rode out of
town at high noon.)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia