Posted to alt.home.repair
whosthat

Default Jumping a single porchlight switch from a 2 way hall switch

I have a 2-way switch in my hallway. One at the front door and one at
the back door, on the same circiut. They control 2 hallway lights, and
work perfectly. I have a double switch box installed in both places.
I am wanting to install a single switch into each box, to control the
porch lights. I need to jump the power from the 2-way circuit switch,
to the single switches.
How is this done (safely, by code) ? There are 2 black wires, 1 white,
and one ground connected on the double switch. I have 1 black, and 1
white on the porch light. The ground going to the outside base.

I have been reading other posts, and haven't seen anything to cover
this.
Also, if you are just going to call me an idiot, save your time, I
think your just an ass too. LOL. ( I've seen alot of that on here)
If you can help, please do. I had my dad explain it, and I did it like
he said, but it ain't working. ( He is a licensed electrician... don't
tell I'm asking someone else..lol)
He had me jump a wire from the bottom black screw, to the positive, and
connect the extra white to the negitive. I have tried this from both
black wires, and still have no power to the porch. HELP PLEASE. I do
know how to follow directions.