Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default pressure relief valve releasing water

wrote:
Since last week every time someone takes a bath the T&P valve
discharges a small amount of water. When this happens, the water looks
a bit rusty. If I pull lever on the valve, the rusty water will drain
and for a day or so there'll be no more leaks, then it starts again. I
checked the water line pressure and it's at 60 PSI.

I've replaced the valve and flushed the tank for about 30 min - two
days later the leak is back and water is rusty again when the lever is
pulled.
Any ideas?

thanks,
GE

The valve is doing it's job, it is releasing pressure or opening due to
temperature. I would say that at 60 PSI, it is likely due to the pressure.
Back that pressure back to 40-50 and that should take care of it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit