Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk

Default Ford emblem vectorised. Anyone??

On 20 Apr 2006 12:04:37 -0700, "Dave, I can't do that"
wrote:

Thanks Leon, but I am not sure how well that would work for this. Also
I can't find a file converter for JPG to HPGL but still looking.
Thankls for the tip though

Hi Dave,

I think there is a link to a print driver on one of the
pages I mentioned. You shouldn't need the printer itself,
just the windows driver for an old plotter (pen style). I
believe what you do is load the jpg in whatever favorite
program you have and then via the normal print function,
tick the "Print to file" box. That should save it as a file
in the plotter format needed. The simpler the drawing used
the better your results will be.

I do this all the time with an HP Color LaserJet PS driver.
I don't have the printer, but it lets me save a postscript
file that can be loaded in Ghostview for instance.

Of course I'm not sure if this will help you out... I
remember George wanting a quick and easy way to generate G
code via a pseudo printout.