Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clint Sharp

Default Does amonia deter cats...

In message , "Andy Luckman
(AJL Electronics)" writes
As far as I am concerned, those who advocate such barbaric behaviour are all
vermin and therefore fair game with whatever measures others wish to take to
prevent such barbarity.

Barbaric? So, you never kill vermin then? It all boils down to how
humanely you do it. Note, I don't own an air rifle or any other
projectile weapon, my kitchen knifes and DIY knifes could, at a stretch
be called weapons but I value them too much to use as such. The OP also
advocated use of ammonia which is a very unpleasant chemical to use on
any animal, it can cause severe burns, respiratory problems and you
really wouldn't want to get it in your eyes as you'd be lucky to have
any sight left afterwards but I notice you really don't have a problem
with that?

Although I could never condone, or agree with the methods of the ALF, I can
understand their motivation with sadists like you.

A sadist enjoys inflicting pain, I don't but I wonder if you've ever
seen a cat tormenting a captured creature, tell me that doesn't fit the
definition of sadism? I hate cleaning up the detritus that irresponsible
owner's 'pets' leave in my garden, including excrement (it's not true
that cats always bury) and dead animals that haven't been killed for
anything but pleasure by cats ( I know, I've watched them).

--
Clint Sharp