Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default Does amonia deter cats...

Andy Hall wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Clint Sharp wrote:
[snip caticide]
What could the law do?

It is an offence under the Protection of Animals Acts 1911-1988 and
carries a fine of up to £5000 or six months imprisonment.

That's for cruelty to animals. If the animal is killed instantly,
iy's not cruelty, apparently, so the above does not apply.

A hypothetical question since most people do not have legal access to
weapons able to guarantee instant killing of an animal the size of a
cat.

It's not a question, it's a statement, and has been tested
in court (not by me, I hasten to add). If an animal is
killed instantly, by a blow from a stick, or a shot, or
whatever, it isn't cruelty.

Note also that if a cat is somebody's domestic pet, it is their
property and is not feral.

Which is why I said in another post that the owner might take
action against the cat-slayer, since his property has been
destroyed.