Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bernard Arnest

Default marking steel, for dial?

Hi,
I'm nearly done a simple angle jig. The final step is to mark off
the angles. One part is SST, the other plain carbon.

I may be able to get access to a laser cutter to etch in the marks,
but easier still might be to take a tiny endmill (I have one) or even
just a center-drill and, with an indexing head on a mill, preceed to
etch in all 360 tick marks.

However, while this will leave permanent tick marks, they'll vanish
from sight if light isn't bouncing off the right way.

Should I just paint in some enamel, maybe even a sharpie marker?
What do you recommend?

-Bernard Arnest