Posted to rec.woodworking
Thomas Kendrick

Default Nails or screws to fasten fence of pressure treated (ACQ) southern yellow pine lumber

A cordless impact driver is just the ticket for the softer SS screw
slots.

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:58:06 -0400, Gerald Ross

Hi

I wanted to get recommendations on what fasteners to use to build a
fence of ACQ pressure treated southern yellow pine lumber.

;
I have wondered about galvanized nails having seen the zinc flake off
the heads while driving it in. My fence has galvanized screws but now
usually use SS square drive screws. Stainless is softer than regular
steel and the head will strip if you don't keep pressure on the driver.