Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave, I can't do that

Default Ford emblem vectorised. Anyone??

Hi Eric,

Now that's dejavue. grin I am at about 20 hours into it using bobcad
17 and only 1/3rd through it. I decided to see if I could throw myself
on someone's mercy for the toolpath drawn on my dxf. I can generate the
code from that.

Part of the problem is that some of the squiggly bits require 1/8"
cutter and the other 1/4" cutter. My version of bc is pretty crude at
doing it. It makes a good stab at it but the manual clean up is killing
me as it is almost entirely made up of short straight lines rather than
arcs. It (bc) will do a rough pass on the main island (Ford) portion
but the inner loops and fine stuff are ignored.

Care to give it a try? I can attach the dxf for the 14.2" wide logo to
an email.

Thanks in advance if you care to give it a shot.

Dave