Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Default linoleum repair

Linoleum is still made and because of the materials used it has a surface
that kind of has its own natural Micro-Ban(tm) additive. So its very good
for operating room floors.

As for the repair take it up with the flooring refinisher or their insurance
agency. To repair the gouge you would need to cut out the bad section and
put in a matching patch and it will never look right.

As for the varnish spill, linoleum is basically a varnish finish so anything
that would remove the varnish would dissolve the original finish.

"Art" wrote in message
news
I thought linoleum hadn't been made in decades.

"ccsikyr" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've just had my wood floors refinished. Unfortunately, in the
process, the boneheads gouged my linoleum floor and spilled varnish on
it. Does anyone know whether a gouge can be filled? I'm talking here
about real linoleum, not vinyl. Also, the gentle cleaner one is
supposed to use doesn't take varnish off the surface. Any ideas on
that one?

Thanks for any thoughts.