Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Puzzlenut adventures

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 03:16:16 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:42:04 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

Warning: metal content.

See http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/puzzlenut/

Good job and all that, but professional auto parts houses sell a
socket just for such an occasion- it has a taper fit and works a
treat.

Of course, that does take all the fun out of it...

-Carl

I thought there must be an available solution, but I was unable to
find it after an hour of websurfing and phonecalls, so I cut to the
chase. Perhaps I should have asked here first, oh well,,,

I figure it took me about 2 hours spread over 3 days to get the
bloody nuts off. Cost zero because I had everything needed for my
approach at hand. Old puzzlenuts are now off, good spare now
mounted as LH road wheel, trailer parked in boat tent, leaker ready
to go to be fixed tomorrow and thence to spare position, I'll be gone
fishin' before the lilacs bloom and fishin' starts getting good in
these parts.

Wonder why neither Tires Plus nor John's Auto Salvage have discovered
the professional taper-fit socket.